Mexican favourite with a twist!
Preparation time10 minutes
Cooking time30 minutes
- 2 Tbs oil
- 500g minced beef
- 1 packet taco spice
- ½ can chopped tomatoes or 200g pasta sauce
- 1 can black beans
- 6 frozen puff pastry sheets
- 200g tasty cheese, grated
- 1 packet corn chips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Guacamole, salsa and sour cream, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add mince and brown, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the mince for 8-10 minutes or until there is no pink remaining.
- Add spice and cook for a further minute. Add chopped tomatoes and beans and lower the heat.
- Season to taste and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Turn the Pie Magic on, close lid and pre heat.
- Using the pie cutter, cut out 6 lids and 6 bases from the pastry
- When the green READY light comes on, open Pie Magic and place the pastry bases in, fill with mixture, top with grated cheese, corn chips, place pastry lids on
- Close lid and cook for 12 – 15 mins
- Repeat with 2 remaining pies
- Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream
These appliances below can be used to make this recipe