750g diced beef
¼ cup plain flour
¼ cup oil
3 garlic cloves, finely grated
½ cup red wine
1 cup beef stock
400g tin crushed tomato
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
200g Brown cup mushroom
8 frozen puff pastry sheets
1 egg white, lightly whisked
Salt and pepper, to taste
Mustards, sauces, salad or mash potato, to serve
1. Coat beef with flour and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
2. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, preheat oil, and brown the beef in batches. Add garlic and cook, for 1 minute.
3. Return all beef into pan, adding red wine, beef stock, tomatoes and rosemary. Mix, and bring to the boil stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to low, place lid on, and cook for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for 30 mins. Set aside to cool.
6. Turn the Pie Magic on, close lid and pre heat.
7. Using the pie cutter, cut out 8 lids and 8 bases from the pastry.
8. When the green READY light comes on, open Pie Magic and place the pastry bases in, fill with about ½ cup of beef and mushroom mixture, place pastry lids on. Brush the lids with egg white.
9. Close lid and cook for 12 – 15 mins.
10. Repeat with 4 remaining pies.
11. Serve with your favourite mustards, sauces, salad or mash potato.