Raspberry adds a beautiful and delicious highlight to our tasty brioche recipe.
Preparation time3 hour 10 minutes
Cooking time50 minutes
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- 2 tspn. ginger
- 2 tspn. cardamom
- 1 tspn. nutmeg
- ½ tspn. Allspice
- 4 cups SR Flour
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup milk
- 600g butter, room temperature
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 100g butter, room temperature
- 4 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- 3 figs, quartered
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 4 Tbs. Honey
- Grease a large bowl with oil spray and set aside.
- Using the dough hook attachment, combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in the mixing bowl. With the mixer on MINIMUM speed, add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add warm milk, increase speed to 2. Knead for 2 minutes.
- On speed 2, add butter pieces one at a time, beating until dough is smooth and elastic and pulls away from the sides.
- Remove dough and place in the greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and sit in a draft free place for 1-2 hours until it’s doubled in size.
- Grease a 10cm x 20 cm base and 23 cm x 12.5cm top loaf tin with oil spray and line with baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix egg white and water together.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a lightly floured surface, roll out into a large rectangular shape.
- Brush edges with egg wash, then spread coulis and top with raspberries.
- 10. Starting from the short side, roll dough into a log pinching the sides to seal.
- Cut log in half, lengthways and twist dough, pinching and sealing the ends.
- Place in greased loaf pan and cover and allow rising in a draft free place for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180oc/160oc fan force. Brush the top of the loaf with the remaining egg wash and bake for 25 minutes. Place alfoil on top of the brioche and bake for a further 25 minutes, until cooked. Testing with a skewer.
- Allow cooling in pan for 10 minutes, and then carefully turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Place all the icing ingredients into the mixer bowl. Using the whisk attachment, whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle extra coulis and icing over loaf adding extra fresh raspberries.
- Slice and serve
These appliances below can be used to make this recipe