Bake a celebration cake for any occasion: brithdays, engagement and more! With pink drizzing and soft buttercream filling, your friends and family will enjoy this wonderful recipe.
Preparation time2 hour 20 minutes
Cooking time1 hour
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 2 tspn. vanilla paste
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups SR flour, sifted
- ⅓ 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- ¾ cup milk
- 200g butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 tspn. vanilla extract
- 1 drop pink food gel colour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 egg whites
Pink Drizzling icing:
- 180g white chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbs. thickened cream
- 1 drop pink food colour gel
- Decorate, with chocolate bark, mini meringues and sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 160oc. Grease and line two 15cm cake pans.
- Using the scraper paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on speed 7 for 6 minutes until light and fluffy, add vanilla paste, mix to combine.
- Reduce the speed to MINIMUM, add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Alternating, add flours and milk until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into the cake pans and cook for 1 hour or until tested with a cake skewer, comes out clean.
- Rest in cake pans for 10 minutes, turn out onto cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Using the scraper beater attachment, add butter and beat on low for 1 minute, then MAXIMUM speed for 5 minutes.
- Turn speed down to MINIMUM and slowly add icing sugar, once combined add vanilla and beat for 5 mins on speed 5. Add colour and mix until well blended.
- Using a serrated knife, slice both cakes in half around the circumference. *Keep one of the cake bases to be used as the top of the celebration cake.
- Spread the buttercream icing equally on top of three of the cakes. Stack the cakes on top of each other.
- Place the set aside base cake upside down as the top without any butter cream.