SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
- Heat sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spoon.
- After sugar melts, stop stirring and cook until the caramel reaches a deep caramel colour. Turn off heat, add butter.
- Slowly whisk in the cream and salt. If there are lumps of sugar, return the caramel to low heat and stir until the lumps melt. Carefully pour caramel into a heatproof jug and reserve at room temperature until needed.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until apples are tender. Pour apples into a heatproof bowl and reserve until needed.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl. Using the Sunbeam Mixmaster Hand Mixer, whisk the cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside until needed.
- Place all ingredients into a clean bowl. Beat all ingredients until smooth.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of the food processor and process until a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Layer biscuits, cheesecake, apples, cream and caramel into a 10 cup glass serving bowl, or your favourite glassware for elegant portions. Serve.
Make this recipe gluten free. Simply swap out the biscuits for a gluten free variety that everyone can enjoy.