8 slices bread
2 Tbs butter
½ carrot, finely diced and steamed
½ cup peas, steamed
125g tin corn, drained
2 cups BBQ chicken, shredded
½ cup bechamel sauce
1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp dried chilli flakes, (optional)
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1. Turn the Big Fill Toastie on, close lid and pre heat.
2. Spread butter over bread.
3. In a medium bowl mix carrot, peas, corn, chicken, bechamel sauce, thyme, chilli flakes and season.
4. Place two pieces of bread in the Big Fill Toastie, buttered side down, evenly divide ingredients between the two pieces of bread. Top with remaining bread buttered side up.
5. Close lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
TIPS for Pie Makers and Toasties
- Add leftovers for delicious toasties and pies
- Add extra cheese for more yummy oozing flavour
- Add chilli to spice up your recipes
- Add curry to basic leftover meals to add a different meal/flavour
- Make pies fun by cutting out numbers, pictures or letters in leftover pastry, brush with water to hold in place on top of pastry on your pies and bake
- Cut out love hearts in pastry and add to your favourite pie to make a different looking pie
- Blind bake pastry shells in your Pie Magic for quick and easy pie cases ready to fill with your favourite chocolate or custard fillings